Saturday, June 23, 2012

Oh how I have missed you!

If there is one thing I'm known for, it's starting things and then forgetting them.  I can't tell you the projects I have started and never gone back to.  But blogging has really stuck with me, I think it's a bit therapeutic!  No matter how long it has been since I've written a blog, it's something I've been thinking about.  I end up putting it off "just one more day until I really have time to sit out and do it right."  Well now here we are, two months later, and I'm still not doing it what I would call "right".  But I know that is perfectionism talking and it's time to shut it up!

I have a serious case of insomnia tonight so I figured I would take this spare time and get out a quick blog!  The first thing I really want to talk about is my page views for this blog.  It is an amazing feeling to know that people are reading this even when I'm not posting.  I am so thankful for all of you who check in from time to time and leave a comment here or there.  It just warms my heart!  Also to my FB page followers, a big thank you!  You're always there for me whether I have a question or just want to talk about something.  It helps me feel connected to people outside of my little family circle.  I love knowing there is a whole world of people out there that I can talk to! 

Another thing I want to hit on really quickly is the topic of SUMMER!  I love love love Summer because I get to spend every day, all day with my kids!  I miss them so much while they are at school and sure, by the end of Summer they are driving me nuts.  But I appreciate having them home with me!  So every Summer this is what we do...  We make a TON of plans and do you know how many of those things we accomplish?  None.  That's right, none.  We sit home, watch TV, play games, sleep a lot, and play together.  Which is awesome!  But at the end of Summer we are always wishing we had done some of the cool stuff we talked about. 

To solve this problem we decided to make a list of all the things we wanted to do this year.  To keep it from becoming enormous we had some rules...  Each of us gets to choose two things, it cannot be an out of state activity, and it needs to be a reasonable price.  So we sat around the table one night after dinner and took turns coming up with things.  We called our "Summer Family Fun Bucket List" and I am so excited to start crossing things off!  The beginning of Summer is always super busy for us so we were waiting until after Alex's birthday to start.  Well his party is today so next weekend, lookout Summer here we come!

I don't have the list in front of me but I am going to share a few of the things we've decided to do this Summer.

1. Have a cookout with all our family
2. Go back yard camping
3. Go to the local water park
4. Have a water gun war
5. Visit the WOW Factory (a local place with a ton of cool science stuff)
6. Dedicate an entire weekend to "Family Fun"

Hmm there are two more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.  But all easy, fun, and inexpensive.  I can't wait to get started.  We're going to have to hurry up though because we've only got two months until school is back in session.  So that leaves 8 weekends and 8 list items.  It'll be busy but we are going to get some stuff done this year lol!

Does anyone else share our problem?  Big ideas and then never getting them done...  If so, jump on the bandwagon with us!  Kick some Summer butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment