Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wooo Party! Kid Style!

I was tying up a big long post about Thanksgiving and how awesome it is then I realized that I was totally skipping over Halloween.  It's not that I dislike Halloween, I love it!  For some reason when Fall comes, I can't get turkey day off the brain.  But since we are just 6 short days away from the day all of the creepy crawlies come out I figured I'd do a post dedicated to that!

This year the youngest wanted to go as Spiderman and that was a pretty simple costume to find, they had it at Wal-Mart.  He's all set to go and ready for his party next Wednesday.   My oldest decided he wanted to dress up as a grim reaper, he picked out which costume he wanted like two months ago.  A really cool cape thing with glowing red eyes and a pretty scary (plastic) scythe.  It's a cute costume, we have to go out this weekend and buy it.  That is if they still have it!  We've been so swamped with visiting family and busy weekends we haven't had a chance to get to the Halloween store. 

I mentioned to Alex (the oldest) that I don't think he'll be able to take the scythe to school.  You know, the no weapons - not even plastic - policy at school.  I understand it and support it!  But I was pretty shocked at his reply, he said "I know I can't take it to school, I'm not dressing up this year."  When he said it, it was kind of a question.  Like "Duh mom, you know I'm not dressing up...  What are you thinking?"  I asked him why not and he told me that they weren't allowed to dress up in middle school!  I couldn't believe it.  I remember dressing up all the way through high school.  I mean maybe we didn't have parties but even the teachers dressed up.  Now he's telling me that's against the rules these days?  How unfair!  I didn't realize that last years Halloween party was his last.  I was pretty bummed out when I heard that.  But I guess times have changed... 

Since he's been denied his partying rights, we're going to have a little party with just the four of us!  I'm browsing Pinterest right now looking for some simple and fun crafts to do with the kiddies, it's amazing the stuff you can find on there!  I will be pinning the things I am interested in on a Halloween board which you can find here.  If you have any suggestions for us, let me know!  Email, Facebook, or here on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment