A 50's Housewife Evening:
- Clear table immediatley after dinner and wash dishes.
- Flush pipes with boiling water to be sure they are clean and don't have a smell.
- Pack lunches for your husband and children if needed. Also, prepare a plate of left overs for yourself a lunch tomorrow.
- Set table for breakfast in the morning.
- Do any make ahead preperations for breakfast in the morning.
- Bathe children and get them ready for bed (if applicable).
- Go through the house putting away any items that may be out of place.
- Relax and enjoy the rest of your evening
She's had a busy day hasn't she? Well here comes my evening routine.... It's usually the busiest time of day for me. There isn't much information out there about 50's housewives with kids that I can find but I have to do a ton more stuff with mine than just bath them and get them ready for bed.
- Wait for the kiddies to get home at 4PM, get them a snack and talk about their day.
- Do homework and put their school things away.
- Make dinner and eat together.
- Everyone clears their plate and puts it in the sink.
- Load the dishwasher and start it.
- Wipe down the table, counters and stove.
- Sweep the kitchen floor if needed (crumbs underfoot are my pet peeve!)
- Bath the little one at 7:30 and story time at 8. Story time for the oldest at 9:15 and bedtime at 9:30.
- A quick pickup through the house and I'm done for the day!
I always knew the 50's housewife was a busy women but typing out my entire day made me realize my day isn't really that much different than hers was! I'll be posting the weekly cleaning chart within the next couple of days... There are some things on there that I'll admit I almost never do. I think you'll be surprised!